Due to the current global COVID-19 pandemic crisis, we have had to get creative with some of the activities originally set out in our project in order to adapt to current safety restrictions.
In order to set out the new working plan with all of the partners, we held a second online coordination meeting on April 14, 2020, through video-conference. During this meeting we decided to continue working on our local activities online, since most of us are currently in confinement.
We also proposed to create an online training course for trainers, which was originally planned to take place in Malaga, Spain during the month of April, so that we can continue to achieve the objectives of the project without having to delay or postpone all of our activities.
Stay tuned for our updates on the Online Course we will be uploading on this website at the end of May.
Are you a sports professional that works with volunteers? Do you wish to train, prepare and manage sports volunteering actions in the field of sports? Then we invite you to take part in this Online Training Course (OTC)!
The purpose of this OTC is to prepare the person responsible of training volunteers in sport events by giving them the necessary knowledge and tools to carry out an efficient training for volunteers in the field of sports.
Learning objectives of the OTC:
- To develop key competences of volunteering trainers/supervisors and anyone who wishes to train, prepare and manage sports volunteering actions in the field of sports, so that they can replicate it with future volunteers
- Exchange the methodologies and tools used by four different countries to train volunteers in the field of sports
- Strengthen networks between organisations in the 4 partner countries that work in sports volunteering and share experiences
The OTC will last 3 weeks and starts at the end of May 2020. It is completely free and will be carried out completly online, so you can participate from anywhere in the worl. If you are interested and would like more information about how to apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the framework of this project and as way of adapting to the COVID-19 global pandemic, we will implement and ONLINE TRAINING COURSE (OTC) for sports volunteering trainers. To prepare the material and contents of the OTC, we are carrying the first phase of local activities of the project.
Iniciativa Internacional Joven, as coordinator of the project, created a set of tools to carry out the Local Activities I (LA1), in order for every partner country to have a guideline for the activities. The information gathered during the LA1 will follow the general structure of the tools but can be adapted, when necessary, to the idiosyncrasy of every local reality, as the final results were used for the content creation of the Online Training Course.
The LA1 consist in five main activities:
- Volunteering legislation is in each country,
- the experience of each organisation in volunteering and sports,
- and identifying good practices at local, regional, and/or national level where sport has been a tool for social change and transformation.
- Creation of the OTC content by AIIJ as coordinating organisation
- Selection of participants for the Online Training Course